The 2016 Take-A-Peak Coop Tour will be Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 15. The weekend after Mother’s Day.
Have not been here in a long time. Health issues due to the Oral Cancer 8 years ago. I’m doing better after gaining about 25 pounds in the last few months.
The Tour will be the same format as in previous years. Hours will probably be 9-5 both days. I got some help lined up for this year and she will probably post more here than I will.
As in past years the tour is free to all. If you would like to be on the tour this year, here are the requirements:
- Be wiling to open your yard and coop to the public. You don’t have to let them into the coop unless you want to.
- Be willing to have the coop available for a minimum of four continuous hours. I try to block the times out in to four blocks – 9-1 Saturday, 1-5 Saturday, 9-1 Sunday and 1-5 Sunday. Minimum commitment is one four hour block. Max is how long you are willing to be open. (Time flies…..) Really need this for planing. I would also like to know if you are flexible. I’d like to balance the number of coops each day and let those who would like to have a chance to visit other coops to do so.
- Name, Address, email and Phone number. Only the name and address will go in to the tour guide.
- Several photos of your coop to put in the guide.
- A paragraph or two describing your coop, chickens, what ever you want to say about things at your place.
We will have more in the coming days. We will be putting out a Call for Coops in a week or so.